Monday, April 21, 2008

Friday I got to have lunch with an old friend from high school. She chose the infamous Pasquale's and there were no objections from me! As early teenagers, Pasquale's was THE place to eat before the movie started next door. Back then they had a juke box where the latest songs played ( Milli Vanilli anyone?) The juke box is gone and there is a new owner but the food is as good as it ever was! The Cinema closed several years ago and as I was leaving Pasquale's, I noticed it has been converted into a church where our local meteorologist and her husband teach. Neat!

Saturday the entire family went to Starkville to visit our friends Tripp and Cat. They moved there a few months ago. I LOVE that town . I have never thought of Starkville as anything other than a college town. Saturday we went to an arts festival on Main street. We ran into The Brysons who we go to church with. Cat is the only one who had a camera so I will post pics from the weekend asap. Our sweet hubby's kept all 5 kids Saturday night so the us girls could have some down time. We decided to go to Old Venice. I highly recommend the TIRAMASU!!!!!! Delish.

Sunday morning the guys went turkey hunting while we cooked breakfast for the kids and got them dressed for church. We got to visit First Presbyterian Church where the pastor once preached at our church. The sanctuary is beautiful. One of our youth (young adults) that attends MSU was there! Katie Evelyn and Wade ran up to her. We all took her to lunch and I hope that she wasn't too overwhelmed with 5 kids everywhere!! I really think it made her feel at home.

On the way out we stopped at Coldstone and I can say that we will make that a tradition. I love good ice cream. I had the coffee with caramel and brownie. Wade had the blue ( cotton candy) and KE had cake batter with M&Ms. N of course ate a bite of everyones.

Back to the grind of household chores and I'm so blessed that I'm not really minding 8 loads of laundry!

0 comments: