Monday, April 14, 2008

To Know God is to Truly Live

Those of you that know me, know that I have encountered God in a way like never before. I have shared bits and pieces with alot of you.
Latley I have been on a "mission" of sorts prompted by a person's comments one day.
Has anyone in your life ever said anything to you that made you question your faith? What did you do with that? Most of us may tell another person about the episode and then just let it go. But sometimes you just can't. I think that God will put things before you to help take that veil from your eyes.

2 Corinthians 3:16But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. ( I recommend you read this in context for yourself)

When this happens..

Buckle up!

I can't begin to explain to you the many little hints of grace God has blessed me with throughout this recent journey . At the time I didn't realize what it was.

Torrey and I were in the car when a familiar christian song came on the radio. Even through the business of talking back and forth to the kids, adjusting the temp, talking to Torrey, the words struck me and when I got home I had to find this song. I LOVE the internet! :)

Project Playlist doesn't have this song but I found the lyrics. If any song defines this time in my walk with the Lord...this is it!

If you know me at all, you know how much I love music. Music remembers times in your life so well. There's nothing like pulling out that mix of songs from high school or college.

okay okay... here are the lyrics

Nichole Nordeman: To Know You

It's well past midnight And I'm awake with questions that won't Wait for daylight
Separating fact from my imaginary fiction On this shelf of my conviction
I need to find a place Where You and I come face to face

Thomas needed Proof that You had really risen
Undefeated When he placed his fingers Where the nails once broke Your skin
Did his faith finally begin? I've lied if I've denied The common ground I've shared with him

And I, I really want to know You
I want to make each day A different way that I can show You
how I really want to love You
Be patient with my doubt I'm just tryin' to figure out Your will
And I really want to know You still

Nicodemus Could not understand how You could
Truly free us He struggled with the image Of a grown man born again
We might have been good friends
Cuz sometimes I still question, too How easily we come to You

No more campin' on the porch of indecision
No more sleepin' under stars of apathy
And it might be easier to dream
But dreamin's not for me

0 comments: