Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Overwhelming October!

Last night we ate delicious Italian spaghetti at my in-laws' Catholic church. Every fall they have the supper with a fair. There is go fish, the rib-eye booth, cake booth, bingo and a jumpy thing for the kids. W decided he wanted to sleep with KE. About 20 minutes later this is how we found them.



October has gotten off to a bit sickly start. KE was up and down all night with earache complaints. Sure enough she has an ear infection and is missing school for the first time.... We didn't brake any records with this one. She has on her fuzzy socks and fuzzy blanket all snuggled up on the couch. What I wouldn't give to be doing that right now.


This month is jammed packed with activities for all and I will try my best to stay stress-free ( yeah right) This week I'm hosting bunko and so excited to try out some new foods on my girls.

Some of them are:
Mississippi Sin Cups
Crack Torte... okay.. so I can't think of anything better
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Thingies (thanks to Ree)
Chicken Alfredo Pizza Bites ( with my homemade alfredo sauce)
Crunchy Ham and Swiss Balls

I will be doing orderves (or is it really hors d'oeuvres?) for the upcoming Holiday Market in November. I know I can count on some honest opinions. I came up with a pie recipe a couple of years ago and it was a sure hit! I will be serving and selling those as well..... that brings me to placing my order for containers and labels.

It dawned on me this morning that I need to send out Ke's 7Th birthday invites next week! EEK! Needless to say, I just bought them to print myself. She wants a tea party so I want to make it as special as possible. I have tons of ideas!

Then of course there is Halloween costumes to decide on for parties and trick or treating. Not to mention, school, homework, soccer, dance and cleaning. Does St John's Wort really work?



Here are some pics from when T came home from his trip. He always brings gifts! Halloween costumes maybe? He got KE a wooden flute, Hannah Montana tin purse and watercolors.

my wild indians.... so fitting

5 comments:

Katie McCrary said...

feelin your pain, I went to the dr. monday and got a shot, a real pain in my behind, and then still trying to get over coughing fits and then Nash comes down with ear ache and 3 sleepless nights later, here we are. Hopefully it will look up soon!

The Ainsworth Family said...

sorry to hear about a sick little one. nolan didn't feel to good this past weekend. i will spare you the details. i had to pick mamie up from school yesterday because she was throwing up. YUCK. she had cramps so bad i rushed her to doctor. he said it was nothing, just needed a good cleaning out. mamie just laughed. we are all feeling better. i love the first picture. looks like my children when sleeping together. take care and try not to stress this month. i am sure going to try not to.

E. Hooker said...

I love all of the cute pictures. We have had the cough, runny nose and ear ache here too. It always happens when school starts back! Gonna try my hardest not to stress about all of the events in October myself...

Lauren said...

I LOVE the pic of KE and W! Hope she is feeling better!!!

Gaston Family said...

Oh how I miss the fair!! We looked forward to it every year! I know y'all had a blast. The state fair started yesterday so we are planning on taking the kids Sat. morning.

I had to take Lily to the after hours clinic Sunday (thinking she was getting an ear infection) and was thankful it was only a sinus infection. She & Reid both have the green noses :( Then I had to make a return trip Mon morning due to an unusual fluid-filled bite on her foot. Of course I thought it was a spider bite, but Dr. Meador assurred me it was a fire ant bite. It's NEVER ENDING!!

I love the indian costumes!! The boys are absolutely adorable. Love you!