Sunday, January 4, 2009

A New Year, A Slow Start

I surely thought by now I would have everything organized and put away but that is not the case. Those of you that know me, knows this is driving me crazy! A major setback has been migraines. This has really opened my eyes to pay attention to what i put into my body and how I live my life. My diet is terrible and in the back of my mind I have known this for months and months. My spiritual life has been out of whack as well. Time to get back on the wagon!! Let me share with you my month of December.....


The weekend of Dec 13th, we headed to Atlanta to see my dad's side of the family. This was such a great trip because I haven't seem all my aunts and uncles, cousins and 2nd cousins in 7 years. I also got to meet the new members of the family ( new wives to my cousins) and i loved them! This was really the first big family Christmas that most all of us were there except my Granny and Granddaddy. When I was little, I would go to Granny's every year and she was the best cook. She always had a huge spread and there was always tons of homemade goodies out all day, every day. My Aunt Renee ( who I am named after) gave us all a gift bag filled with Granny's homemade Christmas ornaments. That was special and I was so excited to get home and put them on our tree!
Some of Granny's homemade ornaments
KE and her 2nd cousin... they hit it off!
Most of the gang....
*Todd and Angie Thaxton, me and T, *Joel Thaxton and his gf, Jill, *Britt and Laura Reames, *Joe Don Reames and Leslie and *Jay Reames
* my first cousins


My picture taking over the holidays was the pits.. Since I dropped and broke my camera on Halloween , my sweet friend loaned me her extra camera. I used it a little, but didn't take it everywhere. T gave me a new digital for Christmas but it needed a memory stick, not a SD card which is what we were used to. Sooooo, I didn't get a lot of good pics.

annual Christmas dinner to Doe's!
KE with her mimi ( the boys stay home for this one)
Christmas Eve at mimi and papaws
Christmas morning... N loves play-doh and that is what Santa brought him
W on his new Cars scooter

KE with her new bike and playhouse. We can't wait for pretty weather so we can paint it!

0 comments: