Wednesday, January 14, 2009

We Have Choices

Monday night I went to a new Bible study.. Daniel by Beth Moore and boy am I glad I did. In just the first night I learned and heard things I have been needing to hear for a while.....

*We have an enemy who wants to return us to places God called us to leave. Have you ever noticed that when you make the decision to follow God, things seem to get harder? Satan wants nothing more than to hold us captive in our sin.
*Nothing is more dangerous than friendly captivity. The enemy doesn't just say.. "hey, come over here and do this.. I dare you." No, he entices you, makes things look like it's the thing you should be doing, the thing you are entitled to. It can be money, food, tv, material possessions....
*Captivity never remains friendly Once we get that bigger, more expensive, better looking whatever..eventually we end up feeling empty, discontent and unsettled. Our only satisfaction comes from God, not overindulgence

And the big one... Just because everything may be permissible, does it mean it's beneficial?
1 Cor 6:12

If you have ever done a Beth Moore study you know that she holds nothing back.. she is deep and thorough so there is no way I can relay everything I learned in just the first chapter of Daniel but let me say that the parallels in the Bible are profound! I highly recommend her studies.

1 comments:

Lauren said...

cool post. sounds like a great study!