Monday, June 15, 2009

Total Money Makeover

I know I know, I have said this a thousand times. We need to get out of debt and do the Dave thing. Well, I think after months of not really knowing where all of our money goes, we have had enough. T and I listened to The Dave Ramsey show on our way to New Orleans and it was such an inpsiration to hear folks call in and announce they were debt free. I mean, these people are getting out of $50,000 worth of debt in 2 years. We have a fraction of that debt so I know we can do this. I will confess that I am the big spender between the two of us and T wants me happy, therefore if I ask, he gives. I am learning to Not ask so he is not tempted to say yes. So after hours of putting EVERYTHING on paper and finding out exactly what we owe and where, we are on board. We have calculated to the month when we will be debt free.. and this will include not only CC debt but our minivan! We are doing the envelope system and all. I think the biggest key in all of this is to sit down with your spouse and write everything down on paper at the beginning of each month and this way you know where every dollar is going. When you see what you are spending and what needs to be done, it's actually exciting! So, with that said, we are giving ourselves the remaining of this month to get any loose ends tied up and Month 1 for us starts July 1. I look forward to having financial freedom and don't think I won't call Dave and scream!!!!!

1 comments:

The Ainsworth Family said...

i need to do this, BIG TIME... KYLE WOULD LOVE IT IF I DID IT. WHEN I SPEND I DON'T EVEN WRITE IT DOWN IN MY CHECK BOOK. I AM VERY BAD WITH ALL THAT.