Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I'm on a Blog Roll................

T has been in Texas the past 4 days on one of his well-deserved ( even though I loathe him leaving) hunting trips. He should be home within the hour. I have almost caught up on laundry so I feel good about sitting here wasting time blog-stalking and now blogging.... again.

THE OTHER DAY

I asked KE to clean her room. This is always an ordeal. After moaning and groaning about it and me telling her several times, she finally says to me "Cleaning ruins my life"

Hello?

I think of the best possible response at the moment and told her that she needed to stop and think about what she just said because she has a wonderful life. We all have jobs and this was one of hers.. I also pointed out that she was being very ungrateful.

After a few minutes of silence, in which I thought she was picking up, she came to me with a picture she drew. On one side it had a girl with a clean room and the other side, she drew a girl with a messy room. She had circled the girl with the clean room and said to me....

" Mama, I realized that I was being ungrateful and I'm sorry"

It's moments like this that confirm I'm doing what is right by her.


TODAY....

The kids and I were eating supper, KE proceeds to tell me that 2 boys at school, on the playground were tugging her arm hard and "using thier imagination on her" (chuckle) pretending to put her in jail. I told her next time to tell them to let go or you will have to tell the teacher.

Then precious W cuts in by leaning into KE very slow , looks her in the eye and says,
"KE, Listen to me." "Tell your friends to stop it." (then goes back to eating like he didn't just speak to her like a 20 year old)

If I only had a camera!!!!! It was priceless. He is only 2!!! Kids amaze me how smart they are.


All the while N is minding his own business eating grilled chicken like there's no tomorrow.

1 comments:

Lauren said...

I hope Torrey had a great trip! Cute story about Wade and KE!!