Thursday, June 12, 2008

Back to Skin Care

Okay, so I appreciate all of your skin answers and it has lead me to lots of research. I went to Wal-mart this morning and decided to take a look at what they had OTC before I even think of spending big bucks at the Dermo. I was bombarded with tons of products that claim what I would call a miracle. My condition is a mild one but I'm not getting any younger!


My condition you ask? MELASMA. This is often called the mask of pregnancy and I was blessed with it when I was prego with my first boy ( didn't happen with KE) Those durn boys! It went away somewhat and now that Nathan is 1 1/2, I think I may need some assistance in getting rid of it completely.

Anyway, it causes brown spots on the face and it only gets worse in the sun..... soooooo, a friend gave me the name of a sunscreen her Doc Rxd. So starting today, I will use this product everyday.. . Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Spf 55 sunscreen with helioplex

I did notice alot of microdermabrasion kits.... I'm funny about stuff and just the word microdermabrasion sounds scary. Anyone ever had this done?

3 comments:

The Hitts said...

I bought mine today too.

Anonymous said...

i had it done when i got a facial. personally, i can't afford those facials on a regular basis. as for the brown spots on your face, my mom had them and went to the dermatologist in greenville. she had to do different steps of some face product. she still uses all of it for face cleaning and moisturizing. i think initially starting out the products were expensive, but not too bad now. it may have been like, $30 to $50 a container. she's out of town, but when i talk to her, i'll get more accurate info for you. by the way, her spots have been gone and she still out in the sun alot.

Mamie Causey said...

I am the biggest product junkie in the world. I have been using Skinceuticals from About Face and I love it. It is pretty pricey but worth it. I have also had success with Philosophy available at Sephora and Mario Badescu available at mariobadescu.com. You can go to that site and tell them about your skin and they will send you samples of all recommended products for free.