Saturday, July 19, 2008

Lazy Week

It has been somewhat a lazy week here. I took KE to get her school uniforms and took the boys to the doctor yesterday. Fever, runny nose, cough. One has a red throat and other has a red ear so they were both put on meds.

Our debt diet is going fairly well. We have cheated a couple of times. It takes so much discipline to stick to a strict spending schedule. Have any of you paid off debt? How long did it take? What were some of the things you gave up?

Tomorrow we will welcome a new church nursery worker! She is eager to meet the kids and I think everyone will love her.

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!

1 comments:

Katie McCrary said...

Hi, I found your blog from the Rowes via Sadlers, anyway, I love reading it. We made some money saving lifestyle changes to save for vacations, and they just took hold. I have a group of girls that I am close with. We all order 1 magazine (make sure not to duplicate) then we swap back and forth. So we save $ on magazine subscriptions and I'm only every a month behind. We of course quit eating out except for special nights. ( We started to cut back to 1 night a week, then as it got easier, we went less). If hubby and I have a date, I make him come in early clean up and go to matinee movie then out to eat, saves several bucks! We looked for other fun stuff to do that was free. Free outdoor concerts in our community, biking, etc. I love to have others over and have learned to stop doing it all myself. Ask EVERYONE to bring something, it's so much easier and cheaper. EBAY, EBAY, EBAY, if you think it won't sell, YOUR WRONG. I recycle my little boys clothes all the time. If it wasn't really special to me, i sell it after he out grows it. I definitely take advantage of our farmers market. Produce is cheaper and better. Have a take dinner home party for your girlfriends. Everyone brings ingredients and tupperware, you make enough of 1to 2 dishes so everyone can take home 2-3 frozen meals, its fun! Those are a few things we did. ( I swapped alot of my brand name household items to equate at walmart and saved a bundle and we don't know the difference.) Keep blogging, I'm adding you to my friends if that's ok.