Thursday, July 10, 2008

She's Got the Look


I love the show The Big Idea and tonight they introduced a company that markets stuff for the ladies.... stuff I want! Yes, even though I can't spend any money, who says I can't look for ways to spend money? Be sure to check out the Commando seamless panties and matchsticks...too cute!

Speaking of, we did really good tonight. Usually by this time in the week, we have eaten out 3 times. We entertained the idea of going over to Gino's for a juicy burger and fries but after about 5 minutes of looking at each other (hoping the other would say aw, what the heck) we decided to eat at home. Whoop Whoop!
Family Stuff:
KE had a play date the other day and W decides that he wants a play date too and even asks me for one. He is 2!! So we call a friend of his down the street and have him over this morning for 2 hours. I figured anything longer may end in disaster. They did well. Only one meltdown and it was W. N played right along. Then W tells me his hair is in his face and I need to cut it. It is amazing the difference between kid #1 and kid #2. KE didn't know half of what W does. ( oh and I cut his hair... not too shabby)
N is trying out new words and he has a deep voice. He is tough. He will hit his head, look at me like I did it and then move on.
School starts in 4 weeks and I need to get on the ball... KE has books to read, I need to buy her uniforms, new shoes and a new cool backpack that I haven't decided on. We picked a great time for a budget huh?
I'm in charge of our church nursery somewhat and I interviewed a girl to work in our toddler room and it went well. She is precious and has very good references. Oh how I pray this works out! I really never knew how much it took to run a nursery program. I strive to make the kids happy and esp the parents happy. The parents who are leaving their child in there and the parents who are keeping the children. We had TVs mounted in each room so that whomever is in the nursery during the service could watch and listen along.... that is if they can hear over the joyful noises of the children.
Since I have decided to do more of my house-wifely duties ( I'm talking cooking b/c I do everything else) there is a recipe I wanted to share that is so good.
1 Rotisserie chicken from Wal-mart
1 loaf of $1.50 french bread from the Wal-mart bakery
Sliced provolone cheese
butter
fresh garlic or garlic salt if you are in a hurry
Slice the bread the size you like your sandwich and butter both pieces on one side. Spread the garlic. Place a slice of provolone cheese on top and broil in oven til bubbly (or a little burnt like me) Remove from oven. Add mayo, mustard, or both or none. Slice chicken and place on bread and VOILA! Easy sandwich for you and hubby. Torrey loves these so it will satisfy.
p.s. sorry guys about the paragraphs running together. It drives me nuts but I have tried to Edit it 4 times already.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss Geno's.

The Pieroni Family said...

i thought gino's closed shop.

The Weathers said...

I love the big idea!! Will always laughs at me for watching it, but i am going to be on there one day!

oh- i heard that gino's got new owners? has anyone else heard that? i just hope the food taste just as good!

The Weathers said...

no, they were not bought out again, i am just now hearing about it! I am a little behind on my news.

The Ainsworth Family said...

my email is alison.ainsworth4@gmail.com

thanks for the invite. alison

The Pieroni Family said...

hey, i wanted to post more picks of the play but i was hesitant on kids in the pictures that i didn't know...i posted a huge far away picture of the cast because i thought you might not be able to recognize the kids----ar came in the room and started picking and naming them one by one so i pulled it down. i wanted to show the costumes and set. it is unbelievable that these kids are in 1st-8th grade. i thought ar would like doing the play, but it turned out that she LOVED doing the play. she shows a huge interest in dance, voice, and piano. i guess it all comes from the pieroni side...lol. they had a great time.