Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Overprotective?

Ever since I was small I remember being afraid of breaking all the rules.. well, if I had any idea that my mom would find out.

Even in high school I was the mother hen when it came to drinking and driving... I would drive for my friends alot of times and I didn't even get my driver's licence until I was 20.

For real.

I didn't get my ears pierced until I was 20 either.

Wait.

Now that I think about it, that was all done in the same year. Can you say milestone?

Now I had definitley had my share of moments but all in all, I was considered a "goodie goodie"
I was even labeled a holy roller at one time in my life .. this was when I was not a church goer, nor a Christian. Ironic.

My point is, I have always been a bit cautious ( overly, some would say) . Now that I have children I try to stay evenly balanced when it comes to what they can and can't do, watch, etc.... I have already been labeled overprotective or strict. This is ok. God gave me these children and I feel I must go with my instincts on what I believe to be ok and not ok. As we all know, this is no easy task at times.. Esp. when "everybody else is doing it"

As I was listening to a lady talk today on blogging boundaries of all things, something struck me. I knew then that I needed to tweak my blog. That is why all the name changes.
T told me you know, people can get your info if they really want it. I agree; however, I'm not going to make it any easier for them!

**Don't worry, I won't make my kids wait until thier 20 to get thier driver's licence. If it's up to T, they will be 30

2 comments:

The Ainsworth Family said...

thanks for letting me know. but you realize it is thefratfamily.blogspot.com. i couldn't find you at first. i will add you to my spot. hey i was about 19 when i got my ears pierced. my father only asked for two things and there were no getting ears pierced until you are out from under my roof and on your own. then the other was you have to make good grades. i didn't get them pierced until i moved up to jackson, but i made bad grades. i did do one out of two things he wanted.......... you were talking, about people can get your info. well i have thought about that as well. i am thinking about making people do a password and all that such. i don't know how to do it, but my friend heather does. if i do that i will let you know. even though we have never met i feel like i know you. kind of weird because we have lots of things in common.

The Ainsworth Family said...

one more thing, you know i might do the same. do you just make a new blog or just name it something else. email me what to do
alison.ainsworth4@gmail.com great idea about initials for us. this is really weird i was thinking about this the other day and now you posted about it. weird i say, weird....