Sunday, November 9, 2008

I want to share my weekend with you. Me and 3 of my girlfriends headed to Jackson Friday and Saturday for a EWomen conference. My first women's conference was about 5 years ago. If you have never attended one, I HIGHLY recommend it. Usually the Friday night stuff consists of a light hearted speaker, praise and worship and a mini concert from a Christian artist. Then Saturday is full of praise and worship, guest speakers , another artist, tee tee breaks, laughing, crying... well, you get it. I can't describe how wonderful it is to be able to surround yourself with thousands of women who love the Lord or who are being led to Him.




Friday night we found some seats with ease. Saturday was not so easy. We finally found some seats that were not too far away from everything. We were in pews and I was complaining to myself how I really didn't want to be on the end. I'm a middle girl. I love to be right in between my friends. I guess I feel like I miss out when I'm stuck on the end. ( I know, I'm weird) There was just enough room left on the pew for maybe 2 people. A lady and her friend walk up looking for a place to sit and I motioned them to have a seat. The lady looked to be in her 50's and sweet and maybe a little tired. She introduced herself to me and I to her. I can't remember how we even got on the subject but I was telling her that my family was from Greenwood originally. She asked who and I said Thaxton and her eyes lit up. She said who? I told her my Granddaddy was J.D. and she said she worked in the beauty shop that Pearl went to! Pearl was my Granny. She went on to share with me the loss of her first husband from an accidental gunshot wound and then she lost her 2nd husband to cancer just this past August. I hope she left there with a feeling that she is not alone in her struggles.


Then I have a blogging friend, Alison. I think we "met" through Suzanne's blog. She found out that we would be at the same conference and gave me her number. Before I tried getting in touch with her ( and after I made sure my friends didn't think I was a complete weirdo :) .. I was walking down the steps of the church and looked up and made eye contact with a girl and got a feeling I knew her but disregarded the silly feeling and walked on. I sent Alison a text to find out where in the world she was in the midst of 3000 women. I didn't hear from her and my phone was dying. When I got the chance to plug my phone in, I had a voicemail from her. Come to find out she saw me but hesitated and she was that girl I saw!! She was actually seated above and over from me. At first I think that is crazy but know that God has his hands on everything.



We had the privilege of hearing a few songs from Mark Schultz. He is so precious and humble. The guest speakers were wonderful too. I'm already planning the next weekend!!


This is a terrible but the only picture I attempted of Mark... This is what he really looks like

0 comments: