Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Weekend Getaway

A few girlfriends and myself will be headed to Jackson tomorrow for a women's conference that is sure to bless every one of us. Chonda Pierce will be speaking tomorrow night so I'm sure we are in for a few laughs. Mark Shultz is the artist along with many other talented Christian speakers. Every time I go to one of these I'm not really expecting what I end up leaving with. I don't know about you but I'm in desperate need of spiritual renewal. Life seems to get so busy and cluttered with what I want and need to do that I have left my precious Lord out of most of it. I call these dry spells. Well no more dry spell for me!

Now, time to go clean out the taxi and fold these 6 loads of clothes so I can feel good about leaving the house! :)

Oh and for you Jxn folks, any suggestions as to where to eat for lunch on Saturday downtown?

5 comments:

Katie McCrary said...

maybe you will just have to make a trip to our pumpkin patch or I'll bring you some. I am so mad, my mom is going to this conference and invited me but I had other plans already, we could have finally met! have fun, the wreaths are awesome!

The Ainsworth Family said...

i would say keifers wonderful place to eat outside. greek food. i am not really sure what is open downtown on saturdays. call me and maybe we can all meet and go. 601-613-3900. i love keifers. i am really excited about this weekend as well. i love mark shultz, i have never seen him in person, but love, love his voice. i will not be there tomorrow night only saturday. i have to do my shift at m'toe tomorrow night. hopefully see ya there. alison

Gaston Family said...

Keifers is AWESOME!! It's right off of State Street. I hate that I won't be able to go. We made it to the beach yesterday and will be here until Sunday. I hope y'all have a great time!
Love you,
Kris

The Ainsworth Family said...

i guess you would never know who i was because i have never really posted a picture of me. i noticed you the first time at the first break, i was walking to the lobby where everything was set up and you smiled and just kind of nodded, that is when i almost stopped you and said are you -------. but i didn't. i was sitting by the girls that had blue shirts on in the top section right behind the guy that had all the tv screens. then the second time i saw you, was when we were standing the front of the church after it was over and again we both kind of smiled and that was it. i told my sister-in-law i bet that was "a". oh, well maybe next time. hope you have a happy day and week.

The Ainsworth Family said...

that was me. way toooooooo funny. well at least we smiled at each other...... i bought that necklace and earrings at m'toe for $14.00. yes you read correctly $14.00 for the pair. i don't ever buy stuff like that and the girl that i was with talked me into it. glad i bought it. i love it.