Saturday, January 31, 2009

Politics and Religion

I'm not one to get on a soapbox.. well, at least not on my blog but this issue is so important to me. I was informed a couple of weeks ago via email that our new president lifted the ban on federal funding for abortion. What this means is our tax dollars, as I understand it, go towards supporting organizations that promote abortion. UGH!

Another "issue" that I ponder on is the question... Do we as Christians believe that the Bible is the inspired and inerrant word of God? I think this is such an important question, especially in today's corrupt world. I feel as if some folks believe some parts of the Bible and then disregard others. Is it black and white? We all have issues we deal with and when confronted with what the Bible might say about them, it can be quite uncomfortable and challenging at times. I think this is even more reason to turn to and lean on God. Most importantly, trust Him.

This brings me to what I would like to share with you most in this post. In the past year or so I have been very involved in the research of my denomination. As with all denominations, there are problems that seep in. As much as I would like to be rid of all denominations, I respect and understand why they are here. As much as I question God about why I'm in the one I'm in, I respect my authority and try not to become weary. After all, NO church is perfect.. otherwise it wouldn't be the church... right? After taking somewhat of a break on keeping up with what all is going on, tonight I looked up a blog of a fellow believer and his recent post couldn't explain the abortion issue any better.

http://jimberkley.blogspot.com/

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

here's something to ponder...as a teacher i am not allowed to administer medication to a student (tylenol, pepto, i can't even put neosporin on a cut) the parent has to administer it or have a doctor's written consent for a school nurse to administer it; however, our new aspiring president has made it possible for a fourteen year old to get an abortion without parental consent. what the hell?????? sorry for the language!