Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

As I sit down to type, I think I have gained at least 5 pounds. Since we are doing the budget thing, I had the idea to cook for T for father's day. I told the kids I would wake them up very early this morning so we could get everything ready. Thankfully I prepared most of the meal last night and stuck it in the fridge. We got up at 6 a.m. and prayed T would not wake up until we carried breakfast to him. Everything went well! The menu was as follows:
Garlic Cheese Grits
Breakfast casserole
Sausage and Cream Cheese Squares
Homemade hash brown potatoes
french toast
fresh OJ... ( well, fresh from the grove... Florida's Natural grove that is)

If anyone would like a recipe let me know and I will post it!

After church ( which I skipped to clean house and get lunch ready) we had mimi and papaw over for Homemade spaghetti and meatballs. Oh My Goodness. I think we all agree in this house that supper will be VERY light.

I don't have pictures of breakfast in bed because my camera was dead!! So sad! It was the cutest thing... I let the kids all carry something while I carried the tray into the bedroom. He was so surprised and loved it. It's the least I could do to show him how much he means to us. He is by far the best daddy and would do anything for our children. I'm so thankful that my kids have the father I never did. He is a part of their lives and always will be. The afternoon will be spent napping while T and his father ( papaw) go fishing!

0 comments: