Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My Last Hoorah

Well, not really. We are having our living room and dining area painted (something we started before Dave) and you all know how I love makeovers. The dining area is currently the kids playroom and it needs help. We want to convert it into a living space as well... couch, chair, tv. Now that we are on a budget, I will have to be patient with furnishing it but I so look forward to the color change! Oh and we will store the chandelier and replace it with a ceiling fan/light. Our dining room table is for sale. (shown without the leaf) It's an antique but I could not even tell you what kind. It has 6 chairs that go with it...I bought it I think mostly b/c I wanted a dining room table at the time... It's not me. It's only Tuesday of not spending any money and I can see that this will be extremely hard for me. I may rearrange my house 100 times before it's all over.



Here are a couple of before pics... I welcome any and all suggestions on making this a more practical living space/playroom... The train table will be sold as well.. I plan to get some kind of upright storage unit to put the toys in.... any suggestions on that?



This is after we moved all the big toys out to get ready for the painters to come. I can't wait for the deer to be gone! T says they are coming back.. hhmmmmm

4 comments:

Doodle Bugs said...

we have deer too :o(

Amy S. Norris said...

haha. we have ducks that used to be over the mantle in our bedroom until i convinced my hubby that they were staring at me while i slept with their "scary beady red eyes" and giving me nightmares. hehe.

Catherine Clare said...

How much for the table and chairs? I know a few people looking for new dining furniture.

Shelly Powers said...

lowes has these things we bought b/c ashley had them and told me... they are called cubicals or something like that.... they are wooden cubes i the 9 total squares and then you buy the colorful basket which are canvis looking things to go in the cubes and some can be left open for bigger toys... they look very "pottery barnish" but half the price and not so kidish and plastic looking i don't know if ya'll have a lowes (LOL)or not but they are GREAT