Thursday, August 7, 2008

Drum Roll Please!!

Tomorrow is the big day... the first day of first grade. KE met her teacher today and instantly warmed up to her. She even ran back in her room without me to tell her good bye one more time. No worries here. She even has some friends she already knows in her class. We set out her uniform with which shoes she wanted for tomorrow on her chair. Now let's hope we can get up at a decent time.

This year is full of change. The boys will both be at day school starting in September. They go on different days so I still won't have any days just to myself... which is okay I might add.

This Sunday is what we call Rally Day where we join together for breakfast and introduce new Sunday School classes. I moved up to teach Pre K and Kindergarten this year and I'm very excited about the curriculum. All of the Sunday school classes are doing the same curriculum, just at the diff. age appropriate levels. Also KE, being that she is a first grader now, gets to stay in "big church" instead of going to the Kindergarten room during worship. I know this will be an adjustment but I think it is good becasue she needs to learn to sit quietly and listen during church.

My how times have changed.

2 comments:

The Weathers said...

Where are the boys going to school? Mary Paxton starts St. James in sept and we are so excited!

The Weathers said...

one more question- is mmo just one day? is it monday?