Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Playing Catch up!

Sorry I'm just now getting a chance to blog. Last Wednesday was our anniversary and T sent these beautiful flowers with all my favs!

Thursday was W's end of the year party for the 2's. Sorry that the first pic is fuzzy. This is Mrs Karen. She is an awesome teacher and my boys absolutely love her! After snacks inside, we had a bubble party outside

STAR STRUCK!
This past weekend, I went to Bham to stay with an old friend and in the process I managed to meet Ashley Eiler of BBTN! We sat for only a few minutes and chit chatted. She is a doll ( as I already knew) and I want to thank you Ashley for arranging to be able to meet me! It meant a ton. I also got to Meet Shelley (in the pink) and we connected as well. She was able to hang out a little longer. As we left I told my friend ... " I touched her!" ha ha I know corny but I have been admiring her as a person from the blogosphere for a while now.






Isn't this beautiful? I love looking at homes.. this is one of the homes in the neighborhood where my friend lives .




This is me and the friend I keep referring to.. Sherry. We went to elementary and high school together. We became good friends in 6th grade...(she may kill me for this one)
this is 1989... the earliest picture i have of us together.

The purpose of this trip was to attend a women's conference. It started Friday night with Chonda Pierce ( a Christian comedian) and praise and worship. Then we headed to a shindig at "The Club". Her hubby was hosting this which was a fundraiser for the boys and girls clubs of America. It was fun to get to dress up and meet some great people.



The conference began Saturday morning bright and early and ended at 4:30. It was wonderful! We had the pleasure of getting to see and hear The Newsboys. It was a great time of worship. God is so good. I have known this girl for almost 20 years and we know each other now on a whole new level. I'm so thankful! It's neat how God not only takes away people in your life, but he brings new ones. Even, new "old" ones. :)




As soon as the conference was over, I rushed to Meridian for my niece's pre-graduation festivities. Everyone had dinner downtown at a delicious place and then her baccalaureate was Sunday.


6 comments:

Shelly Powers said...

it was so good to meet you too.... i had a blast talking with you...you are too sweet... you will have to come back so we can see each other for longer... wish you lived closer... so fun! :)

Amy S. Norris said...

sporting the BG!!! yay! ps - i know what you mean ab meeting people that you stalk their blogs, they become almost celebrities to you! i may start stalking the BBTN too. :)

Amelia said...

I know you and Sherry had so much fun at the conference. I really wish I could have gone. I hate I didn't get to see you. Hopefully, It will be sooner than later that I will get to meet you. Love the pic of the girls. How fun..

Ashley Eiler said...

what a sweet friend you are...i enjoyed our visit so much...God is so good...you seemed so familiar to me and i know we will be friends for a very long time...and maybe a little bbtn mixed in...thank you for making the effort as well ....

The Pieroni Family said...

What a pretty home! Is this Mountain Brook? We looked there but it wasn't around enough action for this city gal ;) Your children are getting so BIG. PoP another 1.

Lauren said...

Hmmmmm. Methinks you need to play a little more catch up! ;) I know you have not been busy at all!