Sunday, May 10, 2009

What a Wonderful Weekend

The remaining of Saturday afternoon consisted of a birthday party for N to go to and our babysitter coming over so that T and I could have a date. We went to see ghosts of girlfriends past... I won't get into a detailed movie review but let's just say.. yes, MM is not hard to look at and it should have been rated R. Afterwards, we stopped and grabbed some apps and had grown up conversation. That is always nice!
The kids took turns taking pictures of us....


That brings us to today. I woke up to my trio at my bedside saying Happy Mother's Day! KE had made me 2 small clay pots at school and a book of her poems. The boys gave me a gift certificate to a local store and my sweet hubby got me the bracelet I have been wanting for a couple of years.. I don't know what they are called, but it's the sterling silver silhouettes (heads) of my children with their birth dates engraved on each one. I am so blessed to have 3 precious and wonderfully loving children. I thank God constantly for letting me raise them. They are my heart. I still can't believe at times that I actually have 3 children... and we are not against a 4th.


Today church was a bit different for our family... I went to the church I went to when I met T. I have been once or twice in the past 8 years but I forgot how comfortable it was. It was so nice to see old faces and get hugs. KE went with me and we met my "mama" there. My best friend Leah's mother has been more like a mother to me for the past several years and what a perfect day than today to meet her and be able to worship our precious Lord together! T decided to go to his parent's church with the boys to surprise his mother. She was so happy that he did.. Then we all joined together at the club for a delicious lunch. The rest of the afternoon was spent lying around the house then walking over to Mimi and Papaws where we ended up ordering in for supper. I have got to get back on the healthy wagon tomorrow! The beach is just around the corner....


0 comments: