Friday, July 17, 2009

Fun Stuff!

This week has been HOT but last night we got a good thunderstorm that "cooled" down the air.. if that's what you want to call it... The humidity here is swelty.


Our neighbor's granddaughter was here this week from Nashville ( her daddy plays for the Dixie Chicks and Lyle Lovett.. isn't that neat?) and asked KE to come play... That they did and had a blast....






We will definitely have to get us a zip line! Even the boys enjoyed it!






Now, I have thinking about how to make our house "our own" we literally have not done anything to the outside of it since we moved in about 5 years ago. Our brick is a orangy that I don't care for and as I used to be totally against painted brick, I have a new appreciation for it..done right. So, I ride around taking pics of homes so I can study them , and decide what to do... Out of all the colors I see, I lean toward the creams and light golds as oppose to the greys. What do you think?







Yesterday I ventured out of town to meet up with some friends and head to a fabric 'warehouse' of sorts where all fabric is DIRT CHEAP and fabulous! ( *On the way back, I stopped to meet my internet friend, Amy that has Brownie-Goose! I didn't get to meet that precious baby girl of hers due to naptime, but Amy is a doll and I'm so glad to finally meet her) This is the dress I picked up from her. It's the "Evelyn" dress :)

I have 2 club chairs that were my grandmother's that I was fortunate enough to inherit and they have had their day. The lady that will be recovering them for me can't for 2 weeks so I thought I would go ahead and give you all a peak of what's to come!


FROM THIS:



TO THIS!




Now it's time to do the 8 loads of laundry waiting on me and get this house clean before we leave for the coast! yay!!! Every year as the kids get bigger, it's much more fun. I will be sure to check out the local consignment and thrift stores for furniture treasures!! I'm hooked on re-dos!

3 comments:

The Hitts said...

I should have picked up what I ordered from Amy. I didn't even think about it. She mailed it today. What did you order this time?

Amy S. Norris said...

yay! i love the shout-out! i was super excited to meet you too. i even told my friend that it would be nice if you lived closer. i think we would have so much fun together! and then she joked with me about my match.com friend. whatever, hehe.

Breisch and Angie Stallings said...

The chairs are going to look great!