Tuesday, August 11, 2009

trunk'n along...

BETHANY DRESS IN SULLY FLOWER WITH DOT TRIM
ALSO AVAILABLE IN CHOC. CORD, HOT PINK CORD, LAVENDER CORD AND RACHEL FLORAL



Hi to my blogging family! Just wanted to check in to say hello... tomorrow is another busy day of showing off PRECIOUS children's clothing and driving Amelia bonkers. It's so much fun to hear the oohhs and ahhhs over the clothes.

I'm so excited... I finally joined the ranks of Blackberry owners and got the curve. I'm waiting on my 3 different covers to come in so I can decide on which one I like best. Every morning, BB plugged in my bathroom wall (this is where it charges overnight), coffee hot and waiting, I start up Pandora praise and worship and get ready for the day! Pandora is wonderful. I'm the queen of music so this is right up my alley. If I were still 16, I would create my own stations and make mixed tapes for all my friends.. (wait.. i don't even think we had Internet when I was 16.... did we?)


KE is loving her first week in 2nd grade so far. I knew she got a wonderful teacher the first day we were sent home a "get to know me" epistle ( as she calls it) that states what she expects and she would seek God's help with the kids. Then today when I picked her up and asked her about her day, she said that her teacher told them if they don't go to church, they needed to tell their parents to take them to one. She was excited to tell me that every morning they pray and hear a story from the Bible... HELLO?!!! Priceless... I'm so thankful for teachers who care not only about the child's education but their spiritual well being. Ironically, I received an email from a conservative news site about a principal and athletic director that are being prosecuted for praying in their school.. public of course. They could possibly serve jail time. Yes, put in jail for praying. This is what the world is coming to and while it's all scary, it's really ok. We all know that God conquers the world in the end and that is enough for me. I do worry what my children and grandchildren may have to endure. pray.pray.pray.


The boys start preschool in 2 weeks. i think I'm just ready to get into a routine. The boys don't nap well these last lazy days of summer. I will glad when they are worn out from school and rest well in the afternoons. Maybe I will get off this computer and be more productive around the house... . .... ... ....


maybe

2 comments:

Amy S. Norris said...

it absolutely unnerves me that prayer no longer holds a place in public schools. i grew up in catholic schools and loved starting every class and day off with a prayer and going to chapel once a week. it is just food for the spiritual soul. i just cant imagine where this worlds is going in this state...

Sydney said...

Amen Sista!