Thursday, February 11, 2010

As for me, I like to share

If you visit my blog, and your speakers are on then you have heard some of my favorite tunes. The other night I was blog stalking as we call it here in blog-world and found a post on blog etiquette. It said that music on one's blog is disruptive to the reader as they may have a sleeping baby at their side and not expect the music.

Well.

Personally, if I had a sleeping baby at my side asleep while I was surfing the net, I would make sure the volume was low or off. But that's just me.

This blog started off as something to not only keep up with family and friends, but an alternative way for me to document happenings with my children and my life. One day I hope to turn my blog into a book. Most of all, this blog is a place I can hopefully encourage others. No matter the topic. As I never intend to offend, I'm not worried about offending. Does that even make sense?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this is my personal spot in cyberspace and while not always, it will get personal. I think you can tell from being here , I love the Lord. I am not perfect. I am a sinner that needs forgiving on a daily basis. Yes, daily. As much as I would love to say that being a Christian means life is flawless, it's not. I was one that used to think that way until I started growing. Even though I'm 33, I have a long way to go in my walk. I don't think we ever "arrive." God always has something to teach us. We just have to be willing to learn.

I'm still learning how to be a Christian with all of my tendencies to control the situation and worry about everyone else thinks. It's soooo much easier to try and take care of everything myself or at least I think it is. This is when I will hit a wall so to speak and keep hitting that wall until I say.. ok Lord, it's yours. Oh my how hard this is for me. I am definitely one of strong opinions (if you can't tell already) so when I believe in something, it's very hard for me to not speak up about it (or defend) and I'm even guilty of closing my heart to others that have a totally different opinion than me. Esp. when I get frustrated with a situation. Ouch. This is not how my heavenly Father wants me to behave on His behalf. We always need to love each other and while I'm asking God for help in this area, I will stand firm in how I think he wants me personally to live.

I hope you will listen to what I love to listen to and really hear the words of the songs. I'm in awe of what the Lord has done for me and my most favorite way to worship Him is through song. Oh and I also love rap music. I always have and always will. Just now, I choose the clean versions (ha). So don't be surprised if I get in an old school mood and you come by to visit me and hear some Outkast, Tone Loc or Salt N Pepa.....make sure the volume is down..... I wouldn't want to wake the baby!!

3 comments:

Amy S. Norris said...

totally had no idea that emily post for blog-world existed! keep up with the music. i recently took mine off just because it kept acting up and i just haven't sat back down to try and find another site to get it from...but i cannot tell you the number of people that have told me they miss the music from my space. so rock on angela!

The Fab Five said...

ha ha thank you amy

Breisch and Angie Stallings said...

Thank you for sharing your heart. I am glad you stand up for what you believe in. We have had some very healthy conversation and I do not think you have closed your heart to me. I think I love you even more for it.