Saturday, February 13, 2010

This Old House

no, this one is not mine.....

I'm obsessed with searching exterior home renovations...... We have a ranch style home ( you know.. the kind that has a one plane roof line and no architectural detail) and I have wanted to do something about it ever since we moved in about 5 yrs ago. We even got a quote on landscaping but we haven't done that because if we ever do anything, I didn't want that money spent on the yard to go to waste and be destroyed by any redos.


I think I spent an hour online searching before and after pics yesterday. Here are two pictures of things that I like... Picture number one has the porch floor I love and the posts are nice too. Of course a rustic brick floored porch would be great too.

picture number two here shows the gable over the front door that I'm drawn to. Only thing is our front door is not centered on our house. Not that it really matters right? I have no clue about home renovations except for what I see on HGTV and DIY.


The whole concept of remodeling/adding on scares me for a lot of reasons. Getting the right contractor, the cost and I have to be happy with the finished product. But I don't want it to be 5 more years until we do anything.



Any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated. We are looking at painting our brick as well. If you were going to put the shutters shown at the top of the page on your home, what color brick and trim do would you go with? I think I know I want a cream trim. Dark painted brick or light painted brick?
And while you are thinking about what I should do, check out this beautiful transformation!

0 comments: