Friday, February 19, 2010

Projects Projects


Back in June, we had the dining room painted from burgundy to Lake Country by Valspar. Well, it turned out pretty bright and I'm starting to have a "what have i done" moment about the whole thing. Esp. since we hired professionals to paint it. I usually do all the painting in the house but this room needed primer and paint on ceilings and walls. I can't dare tell my hubby that I'm thinking about another color for it so I will wait and see if it looks ok after we finally furnish the room to be another living area/dining room as I would like. Hopefully by this June, the room will be somewhat furnished.

when we moved in this house the lady before us had allllllll this expensive wallpaper and borders put up in most of the rooms. I wish I had a picture of our bedroom and bathroom... salmon walls and LOUD magnolia border in the bathroom. That came down immediately after we moved in along with all of the other border in the bedrooms...Does anyone even use border anymore? That brings us to the foyer (which is directly off of my "tiffany blue" living/dining) wallpaper. I think it's beautiful even though it's not something I would pick out. And the molding detail is pretty neat. Before, below the wallpaper and molding, was the burgundy color and we didn't have it painted along with the dining room.... so i decided to take the leftover paint and tackle it myself...
This is the result..... which has me second guessing the whole color again



This morning I took a leap of faith and pulled put the Blonde shade we have in our living room and I'm so much happier with the turn out. And since I won't be taking that wallpaper down anytime soon, this will def work! All it needs now is a pretty rug.




2 comments:

Ashley said...

wow that looks really nice!:)
thanks for visiting my blog. normally I do my own graphic type things for my blog. I owned a small business (which i closed after Christmas)and I traded services witha graphic designer that redid my blog for me. If you are up to trying out something new check out this blog...it may be helpful.. http://sneakymommablogdesign.blogspot.com/
Have a great weekend!

Caleb and Katie Gates said...

Hey Angela- Thursday morning sounds great! Call me when you are on your way! 870-265-2736