Monday, March 7, 2011

Hello Blog -World

Hi all!  I can't believe it is already March! Time flies when you are having fun. This is T's busy planting season so he works 6 days a week. He is counting down the days until Turkey season.
       KE is still enjoying school with straight A's. She loves to read and has finished all of the Nancy Drew books the school has to offer. Now she is on to Hardy Boys. Instead of dancing this year, she opted to take gymnastics. Just recently we decided it was best for her to switch to tumbling. She wants to concentrate on eventually learning a back handspring. (Something I didn't do) I'm proud of her for putting herself out there and trying. She also does very well at girls' soccer. She is on the pink team and her other friends are on the purple. This is a very lax soccer league. Practice on Tuesdays and games on Thursdays. We may do one tournament a season. Just recently KE was recommended to audition for the Delta Children's Choir. She made it and we couldn't be happier for her. SO, needless to say, her plate is full.
       W is moving right along in Pre-K, so much that he insists on not going to Kindergarten. The boys attend a day school with smaller classes just like their sister did. We will wait to send them to her ("big")  school until they are in 1st grade. I explained to W that if he goes to her school next year, he will still be in Kindergarten. He didn't like that. He is SO independent and mature for his age (5) . Just the other day I asked him to put my cup in the kitchen for me... his reply "Sure but you do have two legs that work." He is a mess.
      N is loving 3 year old pre-school. He and W both attend everyday until noon. Tuesdays they have what is called lunch-bunch where they bring a lunch and stay until 2:30. These are the days I squeeze in lunch with friends. N's big thing is reading his "state" book. It is a board book with flaps that tell you the state flower, bird and motto. He can recognize almost any state's shape and tell you which one it is. He also LOVES a little girl in his class to pieces. So much that he claims he will marry her. He went on and on about this one day that I finally told him that he could only get married AFTER he completes college. So now when he talks about it he says after college he will marry her. When I asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up he replied with no hesitation, "a daddy." Then he said "no, wait, first I'm going to be a husband."  At least he has the order correct.
As for me, I signed up to do the Couch to 5K.. I'm on week 4 and my knees are starting to hurt . I was fitted with the proper shoes and I just got inserts so I'm hoping those will help. I quit drinking soft drinks a week ago and with the combined running my body is already tanking me.  This morning I had my second ortho appt and had my bottom braces put on. Talk about a metal mouth. I cannot wait to adjust to these nor can I wait to have straight teeth! I had braces for 3 years when I was younger. I believe my mouth needed a bit more attention  at that time. I hope to have my mouth issues corrected in less than 2 years. Fingers crossed!

 It has snowed twice this year. My kids have seen more snow that I have seen in my life.


1 comments:

Kendall and Jeremy said...

So glad you are back! I keep up as much as I can on fbook but I prefer reading your words about your sweet family :)